Luca, possibly the only gastro-sufferer to look even prettier than usual…
Hello from the depths of hell!
One weekend completely written off by a plague of vomitous despair.
I must say I resent that. Of course, it's heartbreaking to see your children so miserable, and zero fun to be cradling a bucket of your own vom. But time is precious, weekends especially so, and I'm annoyed - I want that weekend back, damn it!
The fog appears to have lifted and I am so very grateful that Harlow was spared.
Here are a few thoughts, post-hell;
- gastro (aka stomach flu) is the devil
- the devil is very contagious
- once the devil is in your home, it's just a matter of time before you succumb
- you can wash your hands until they bleed but still, you WILL succumb
- seeing your kids sick is truly heart-wrenching
- kids are complete sweethearts when they're ill
- you'll know your kids are completely recovered when the sweetness dries up
- life might be easier if the kids could have 'a touch of gastro' on a permanent basis (post-puke but pre-recovered = the sweet spot)
- friends who offer to drop by and help out when they know your house is cursed are amazing
- friends who are HEAVILY PREGNANT and DO stop by bearing gifts of electrolyte icy poles for the kids are amazing and gorgeous and so appreciated
- Electrolyte icy poles are not just for kids
- doing one thousand loads of washing and still not being caught up with the washing is completely annoying
- vomiting for 24 hours is bad but discovering that your pants really feel no looser than before is just a slap in the face