I had grand plans for grand blogging tonight.
Instead, you find me a mere shell of a woman.
I had to get my car serviced today.
It was a scheduled service and required I leave the car for a period of no less than two hours.
I had the boys with me.
I took them across the road to McDonald's. They do love a fry or two and thoroughly enjoy the playground that Maccas so thoughtfully provide at all their "family restaurants" but I knew two hours was a long stretch even with the aforementioned fries and brightly coloured plastic thingies on which to play.
In theory, it could have really worked. Small area filled with fun shit for kids to do, leftover fries for Mumma to hoover. It should have been a great time for all.
– it was freezing cold and occasionally raining
– Maccas playgrounds are semi-outside
– semi-outside things get wet in the rain
– kids who play on rained on things get really wet clothes
– smart mums pack changes of clothes but no-one thinks they will need more than TWO sets of changes
– no-one thinks their almost four year old will POO THEIR PANTS approximately three minutes after you take them to the toilet
– locked toilet doors offer some privacy but not soundproofing and so it's pretty clear that the entire establishment could hear what you were saying, including, possibly;
"Why, why, of all the days did you have to do this today? When we're stuck here while we wait for the car??? Why, sweetie, whyyyyyyyyy?"
"Stay still! There's poo everywhere! It's EVERYWHERE!"
"Zee! Leave your socks on! Don't you throw that sock! Don't you throw- dammit!"
"Don't touch the toilet seat! Don't touch it! Just move away from the general toilet area!"
"What do you mean why? It's a public toilet! It's horrendous!"
"Wash your hands. Yes, you need soap. More soap! More soap!"
– other kids also play at Macca's playgrounds and other kids are, invariably, arseholes.
When the mechanic rang to say he wanted to replace my windshield blades, I didn't question him. "Just get it done!" I begged him.
I am possibly driving around in a vehicle with windshield blades worth $136. I can't say for sure.
But stuck at Maccas for 2 hours with the kids?
Of that, I am certain.