Coffee. It could be argued it makes the world go round. Me? I don’t drink it. I know, I know, what am I even talking about? Motherhood without coffee is reckless and irresponsible. But if you’ve been reading here long enough, you’ll know I have my own dark liquid vice that gets me through the day.
But I would prefer a coffee addiction. No-one ever said, “Let’s catch up for a carbonated cola beverage loaded with sugar,” now did they? It just doesn’t roll off the tongue in quite the same way. It lacks the European undertones, the cosmopolitan cache. But I still say to people, “Let’s do coffee” because saying “Let’s do Coke” might hurt my reputation at Mothers’ Group.
Brendon does coffee. He LOVES coffee. Double shot flat white. Via IV drip if possible. But I told him, I said, “Listen, Bren, you can’t be buying take-away coffees every day. When you graduate, sure. Engineers can drink takeaway coffee. Undergrads need to drink more water.”
He never did listen to me. Because he loves coffee.
The look on his face when he takes that first sip does look something like rapturous joy. Do you feel this way about coffee? As a mum, is it a part of your day that you look forward to – that first sip? And do you take that moment to really sit and savour your coffee? Or are you like Brendon who follows the first sip by slamming the remaining liquid into his throat like he’s a frat boy in a beer chugging competition?
Hey, I don’t judge. We’re all exhausted, aren’t we? A recent study commissioned by NESCAFÉ Café Menu® discovered that the idea of a 9-5 work day is a fallacy for many women and that 5–9 is a better representation of the up to 20 hours some women work each day. No wonder we’re all looking for that hit. But how many of us are really taking a breather when we suck down that cup of joe? I wish it was easier for mums to actually sit and enjoy the things that make life a bit easier. Like me and The Real Housewives of New Jersey….. what?
So anyway. Coffee. People love it. Mothers exist on it. And I don’t get it.
So if I suddenly found myself flush with coffee, what would I do with it? I’d give it away to some seriously attractive blog readers, that’s what!
NESCAFÉ Café Menu® BUNDLE GIVEAWAY
5 TO WIN!
Okay, my little coffee loving friends, if you’d like to try the new Café Menu range, then this is the competition for you.
Each bundle includes:
- 6 boxes of coffee across the Cappuccino, Mocha and Latte ranges
- 2 #working5to9 cups and saucers
- In the comments below, tell me how many hours you think you work each day.
- If don’t already, follow me on Facebook.
Conditions of entry:
- Entrants must leave a comment below (not on Facebook) and be contactable via email. One entry per person. Australian residents only please.
- Entries close: Friday 29 May 2014 at noon.
- Winners will be chosen by random.org, notified by email and announced on this blog post.
- The prize will be distributed by Zing.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- Prizes are not transferable.
- The Promoter is not responsible for prizes once they have been dispatched to the winner but please shoot me an email if you do not receive your prize within two weeks so I can investigate for you!
Promoter: The Little Mumma, PO Box 159, Montmorency, Victoria, 3094
Best of luck!