I've mentioned before that music is so important to Bren and I – passing on that passion to our kids was something we definitely wanted to do but more than that, we wanted them to just naturally be musically inclined. Are we raising the new Pavarotti? A little Hendrix in the making? It's too soon to call it, friends, but I will have you know that Harlow sings Old MacDonald, Twinkle, Twinkle and This Old Man. Of course, she uses no words recognisable in the English language but her pitch is spot on.
But they dig music. All three of them dig music.
In the photos above, Luca and Zig are listening to music with Aerial7 Arcade headphones we were gifted. They're made especially for kids and feature Automatic Volume Reduction (AVR™) technology which means no matter how they try to adjust the volume, the sound will always reduce to 85 decibels. This is an important safety measure for little ears. I was explaining this all to Brendon but he couldn't hear me on account of how he played bass in a metal band for too, too many years. What?
Since we got the headphones, both boys often ask to borrow my phone to listen to music and I love that this kind of technology is practically screen-free. The appeal is not in the device playing the music but in the music itself.
These headphones have been a huge success. So successful in fact, that the boys got MP3 players for Christmas (thanks, Granma) because I was sick of them monopolising my phone, thereby cutting into important work I have to do each day (social media).
The Aerial7's also came in handy during our interstate roadtrip. Of course, the children shouted to one another constantly while wearing the headphones but mostly, it meant that Bren and I could listen to our own music on the car stereo instead of being held hostage to the audio of whatever game or movie the kids were playing. Seven hours of ChaCha Chicken audio may have worn dangerously thin.
So who needs headphones for their kidlet?
I have one pair of Aerial7 Arcade Kid's Headphones to give away and you can win them by doing this:
1. Follow this link and then come back and tell me which colour you would choose if you won.
Conditions of entry:
- Entrants must leave a comment below (not on Facebook) and be contactable via email. One entry per person. Open to Australian residents only.
- Entries close: Thursday 23 January 2014 at noon.
- This is a game of chance. Winners will be chosen by random.org, notified by email and announced on this blog post.
- Prize delivery will be handled by Aerial7.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- Prizes are not transferable.
- The Promoter is not responsible for prizes once they have been dispatched to the winner but please shoot me an email if you do not receive your prize within two weeks so I can investigate for you!
Promoter: The Little Mumma, PO Box 159, Montmorency, Victoria, 3094
Best of luck!
For more info on these rad headphones, click here!
WINNER: Briony Sommers – congratulations! I'll be emailing you shortly.
Thank you to everyone who entered! 🙂