What does a six week old baby girl do?
- she pulls her mumma's hair, catching it in her tiny fists and holding on with exceptional force
- she smiles, if you're lucky
- she vomits, if you're not
- she grows out of her 0000 clothes but doesn't quite fit her 000 clothes
- she screams in the car unless you talk to her the entire time
- she feeds a lot (milky boob goodness)
- she dreams of being held all day
- she stares into her mum's eyes, her sweet mouth a little 'o' of hello
What does the mother of a six week old baby girl do?
- she wears her hair in ponytails a lot
- she smiles back so hard she feels like she might be having an aneurysm
- she doesn't flinch – three kids in, a bit of baby vom won't phase her
- she reluctantly folds the tiny clothes and packs them away, not yet ready to contemplate what to do with them in the long term
- she talks to her baby in the car the entire time
- she feeds a lot (chocolaty brownie goodness)
- she dreams of not holding the baby for five minutes so she can go to the damn toilet
- she stares into her daughter's eyes, kisses her sweet little 'o' mouth and says, "Hello to you, too, my precious girl. I love you more than you could ever know."
This is lovely! Makes me nostalgic for those days. They go too quickly…
Oh, you know I’m living vicariously through your newborn bliss, Angie! So sweet. *sigh*
Dearest little lady. I want more cuddles!!!
Oh, I love this Ang. It is the perfect blend of your love and truth (of motherhood).
And at least there is a way to get her to stop screaming in the car…
Adorable photos too.