What does a six week old baby girl do?
- she pulls her mumma's hair, catching it in her tiny fists and holding on with exceptional force
- she smiles, if you're lucky
- she vomits, if you're not
- she grows out of her 0000 clothes but doesn't quite fit her 000 clothes
- she screams in the car unless you talk to her the entire time
- she feeds a lot (milky boob goodness)
- she dreams of being held all day
- she stares into her mum's eyes, her sweet mouth a little 'o' of hello
What does the mother of a six week old baby girl do?
- she wears her hair in ponytails a lot
- she smiles back so hard she feels like she might be having an aneurysm
- she doesn't flinch – three kids in, a bit of baby vom won't phase her
- she reluctantly folds the tiny clothes and packs them away, not yet ready to contemplate what to do with them in the long term
- she talks to her baby in the car the entire time
- she feeds a lot (chocolaty brownie goodness)
- she dreams of not holding the baby for five minutes so she can go to the damn toilet
- she stares into her daughter's eyes, kisses her sweet little 'o' mouth and says, "Hello to you, too, my precious girl. I love you more than you could ever know."