And even though the early hours of the new year might have seemed like a bad omen, I am feeling all jubilant in my anticipation of what's to come.
There will be the obligatory shedding of the pounds, the talk of giving up alcohol for good this time and blah blah, whatever. But what I'm most excited about is the plans I have for this little blog.
Some stuff will go: –
– Random Mumma Thoughts Thursday – because, simply, I don't need it anymore. It was designed to make sure I blogged at least something once a week. But I am well and truly in the swing of it now – writing for The Little Mumma is programmed into me, a habit and one that I enjoy. You can still expect randomness but nothing scheduled weekly – which is, after all, more in keeping with the idea of true randomness.
– Friday Faves – I'll still share my favourite things but once a month, not each Friday. I'll probably call it something wicked original like "The Little Mumma Loves.."
And there'll be some new stuff: –
– MummaViews – I'll be posting a series of interviews with some amazing mothers who have exceptional stories to tell. Stay tuned.
– Little Tales – these will be short stories both old and new – all true and all Family M-G. But little.
– Heads Up! – this will be an exercise in paying it forward in which I feature a blogger that I have found and loved and want to share with you.
But perhaps the biggest change will be a possible move. Most likely, The Little Mumma will be getting a new home. But don't worry, there'll be lots of notification and arrows pointing you in the right direction. Hopefully, the transition will be smooth and it will be business as usual – except for with a shiny new place to hang out with me!
There will be photography, competitions, the occasional review, even some guest writers. What you can always count on is that I'll be writing about what's real to me. And the writing will always be at the heart of The Little Mumma blog.
And on the eve of exciting new changes here at The Little Mumma, I wanted to thank YOU for supporting me. For reading my words, for understanding them, for relating and for letting me know that you related. It has been the most wonderful journey to take with you. You have helped build this humble little blog into something that gives me so much creative satisfaction. I look forward to making it bigger and better and finding new ways to reward you, the reader. I hope you'll stick with me.